Today, I would like to speak to the parents and caretakers of children. I realize that some of them might be a bit concerned. When someone
Some people are under the impression that children are most likely to be abused by a stranger.
According to the American Pediatric Association, about 80% of children who are sexually abused are abused by someone they know.
Darkness to Light cites a study that puts the number closer to 90%.
- These people may include neighbors, teachers, coaches, family friends, religious leaders, etc.
- About 30% of children who are abused are abused by a family member.
- “I will do everything that I can to keep you and our family safe.”
- “I will not blame you”
- “I will believe you”
- Children from single parent homes
- Children within stepfamilies
- Children who are emotionally distant from their parents.
- Children who have been abused before. Some estimates are as high as 1000%.
- Children who have low self esteem
- Children who are labeled as trouble-makers
- older children Children between the ages of 7 and 13 are the most vulnerable
With over 24 years of service, Tonya GJ Prince is a subject matter expert (SME) in domestic violence and sexual violence. She helps people heal, prevent, and overcome domestic and sexual violence.
She has founded several projects designed to help others to heal, prevent, and overcome both domestic and sexual violence including;
WESurviveAbuse.com, SurvivorAffirmations.com, & BraidtheLadder.org.
Tonya is an author, activist, advocate, Survivor, speaker, counselor, & mentor.
email: info(at) wesurviveabuse.com
Google Voice: (720)-593-9462
www.TonyaGJPrince.com- BraidtheLadder.org -SurvivorAffirmations.com
Note: Copyright to all videos & content remain with original creators/authors.