I’ve heard it said that they call today the “present” because it is a gift. You know how when someone gives another person a gift that is wrapped really well, or really securely and it takes a lot to open it? We stick with it because we have a feeling that all that work and time will be worth it. Sometimes our blessings are like that.
Even though memories and flashbacks of darker days are refusing to release their hold on us we can’t let that stop us. We must continue to work hard to unwrap the gift that is the present. In the present there are new opportunities, a chance to begin again, new ideas, and hope.
Whatever health I currently have sustains me throughout the day. I will continue to work to preserve it. I will continue to do whatever I can to build on it and make myself stronger.
I have so many things to be thankful for. Today is bountiful and full of blessings. My eyes, ears, and heart are wide open to the riches that surround me.
Today, I am thankful for an abundance of blessings.
1. What am I most thankful for?
2. How often do I allow myself to take notice of the wonderful people, places, and things that I have in my life?
3. What can I do to show thanks for all that I have?
Latest posts by Tonya GJ Prince (see all)
- How to Lose Yourself and Become Greater - 2017/11/24
- The Red Flag Campaign–Say Something - 2017/11/24
- Olympian Gabby Douglas Accuses Gymnastics Team Doctor of Sexual Abuse - 2017/11/24