Instead of reacting negatively to the noise around me, I step into the shadows, close my eyes, and bring peace to my inner world.
Meditation keeps me grounded throughout even the toughest situations.
When I take time each day to close my eyes and breathe, I become calm.
I avoid allowing the circumstances around me to determine my reaction or state of mind. My response is based on how I allow myself to feel inside.
Self-talk also helps me to center myself amidst the frenzy of life.
I remind myself that the outcome of each challenge is dependent on how I react to it.
When I listen to my own voice above all the others, I gain clarity of thought. The noise suddenly quells when I choose to hear what I have to say. This approach gives me power over even the most confusing circumstances.
Looking at a scenario from the outside gives me the clarity to manage it well.
When I take myself out of the equation, I get a better view of what is happening.
I can maintain a relaxed demeanor. It gives me a chance to think wisely and clearly.
Today, I know that I am equipped to handle the chaos of life. Centering my mind and spirit gives me the tools required to come out victorious.
Talking with Myself:
1. How do I identify those chaotic situations that I am better off leaving behind?
2. What other practices can I adopt to help with centering my mind?
3. How beneficial is the feedback of others in building my inner strength?
Latest posts by Tonya GJ Prince (see all)
- My Sexual Abuse Story - 2017/11/25
- Sexual Abuse of Boys & Men | Tom Kerr’s Story Preview | 1in6 - 2017/11/24
- Preventing child sexual abuse: Reducing the risk - 2017/11/24